Genomics Sequencing Technician
Day Zero Diagnostics is a startup company in Boston using whole genome DNA sequencing & machine learning to modernize infectious disease diagnosis and treatment. We are seeking a full time Genomics Sequencing Technician to join our dynamic team. This role will become an integral member of our Sequencing Technologies group that supports development of our novel in-vitro diagnostic platform and lab services portfolio.
At Day Zero we are passionate about our mission and DZD employees gain substantive experience within our fast-paced start-up company. We foster a supportive culture in an energetic environment with world-class resources. You will be presented significant professional growth opportunities with us, engage with world-changing genomics technologies, work closely within/across our teams, and have opportunities to communicate the developments you support.
- Receive and process specimens for DNA sequencing
- Conduct DNA sequencing bench workflows – library prep and DNA sequencer operation (Illumina and Oxford Nanopore)
- Work closely under the Manager of Sequencing Technologies, and in coordination with other Genomic Sequencing Technicians, as well as Lab Research Associates, and Research Scientists from our other teams
- Ensure stringent quality control of equipment, reagents, and samples
- Maintain meticulous documentation of experimental procedures and outcomes and contribute to reports
- Maintain close communication with direct supervisor and members of the research teams you support
- Follow established laboratory protocols for research and clinical services
- Bachelor’s Degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, or related disciplines from a four-year college or university.
- At least 2 years of laboratory experience outside of course work (during or after your degree program)
- Direct prior experience conducting DNA sequencing.
- Experience with lab automation (liquid handling robotics).
- Familiarity with principles of bioinformatics, computational biology, programming languages is a plus but not required
If this sounds like an opportunity well-suited to your background, interests, and aptitudes, please provide:
- Your most recent resume or CV (including degree earned and GPA)
- A cover letter describing how you see the alignment between this position and your career
- A minimum of 3-4 references we can contact should your candidacy progress to that stage