Laboratory Research Associate Position
Day Zero Diagnostics is an infectious disease genomics start-up in Boston that is seeking a
highly motivated full-time Laboratory Research Associate. The employee will become an integral
member of our dynamic team as we develop a novel rapid diagnostic to identify causes of
At Day Zero Diagnostics we are passionate about our mission of modernizing infectious diseases
diagnosis and treatment. Employees gain experience in a multidisciplinary and fast-paced
start-up, and have ample opportunities to acquire new skills, engage with emerging
technologies, work closely with our accomplished team, and communicate their results, all
while working in a supportive and energetic environment. We work in state-of-the-art
facilities within an exceptional research setting.
- Perform and assist with sample processing toward diagnostic workflows.
- Ensure quality control of equipment, reagents, and clinical samples.
- Strictly follow all lab procedures for specimen handling, processing, and reporting.
- Maintain meticulous documentation of experimental outcomes and observations.
- Work closely with Research Scientists and Associates and maintain close communication with direct supervisor.
- Repetitive workflows are a frequent occurrence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or microbiology from a four-year college or university is required with at least 1 year of laboratory research experience.
- Experience with laboratory methods/techniques associated with molecular and microbiology including culture and quantification of microorganisms, media/buffer preparation, and PCR/qPCR.
- Comfortable handling human clinical specimens.
- Can handle a high volume of sample processing to meet deadlines.
- Properly uses and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Given that we are a small but rapidly growing start-up company it is imperative that the employee:
- Meet deadlines and assess priorities to handle fluctuating workloads.
- Work at high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to occasionally work after hours.
- Provide your most recent resume (including degree earned and GPA) and a minimum of 3 references. A cover letter is optional, but strongly encouraged.
Job Type: Full-time