Operations Associate Position
Day Zero Diagnostics is an infectious disease genomics company in Boston that is seeking a motivated full-time Operations Associate seeking to work in a vibrant, dynamic environment. This employee will become an integral member of our team as we develop a novel rapid diagnostic to provide the species ID and antibiotic resistance profile. We value a strong team contributor attitude, the ability to be positive contributor to problem solving, a strong work ethic, and the desire to learn and grow.
As an Operations Associate, you will be a core member of the operations team working to support the organization in day-to-day operations of the business as well as helping with events and special projects. This role requires both organizational skills and willingness to provide responsive customer service, along with the ability to pay detailed attention to processes and systems. In addition, you will be working directly with the leadership team, including the CEO, to help coordinate company meetings, organize events, and develop operational capabilities.
The Operations Associate will report to the Director of Finance and Operations, as well as working with senior management to provide support for meetings, events, and special projects. Job duties include:
- Helping establish a welcoming work environment for employees and guests through a positive, customer-service oriented attitude and the ability to proactively find solutions to anticipated issues
- Working with the Director to scale current business processes through automation and continuous improvement methodologies, and making recommendations for improvement
- Helping collect data and input from team members when new systems or alternative processes are being considered for implementation
- Responsible for greeting visitors, helping organize and support the execution of company events and external meetings
- Fostering positive relationships with vendors, customers, and partner organizations
- Being responsible for office inventory stocking, sourcing and ordering office related supplies and equipment
- Complete light administrative tasks, including some marketing communications related tasks
- Making travel arrangements for executives, board members and conference related travel, if requested
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or other business related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a professional business environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Strong time management, administrative organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a comfort with numbers
- Love being part of a team, proactively contributing to problem solving
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Given that we are a small but rapidly growing start-up company, this will be an exciting and busy role with frequently changing priorities. It is imperative that the employee
- Must be able to prioritize activities and work well without direct oversight.
- Work at high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to occasionally work after hours.