Research Lab Technician Position
Day Zero Diagnostics is an infectious disease genomics start-up in Boston that is seeking a
highly motivated full-time laboratory research technician. The employee will become an
integral member of our dynamic team as we develop a novel rapid diagnostic to identify causes
of clinical infections.
At Day Zero Diagnostics we are passionate about our mission of modernizing infectious diseases
diagnosis and treatment. Employees gain experience in a multidisciplinary and fast-paced
start-up, and have ample opportunities to acquire new skills, engage with emerging
technologies, work closely with our accomplished team, and communicate their results, all
while working in a supportive and energetic environment. We work in state-of-the-art
facilities within an exceptional research setting.
- Perform and assist with molecular biology and microbiology experiments to support diagnostic development.
- Work closely with other Research Scientists and Staff to design and execute experiments.
- Ensure timely and accurate data outputs.
- Receive and process clinical specimens from submitting laboratories.
- Ensure quality control of equipment, reagents, and clinical samples.
- Maintain meticulous documentation of experimental outcomes and contribute to test reports.
- Maintain close communication with direct supervisor and members of the research team.
- Follow established laboratory protocols for research and clinical services.
- Maintain general lab systems and inventory. This includes including daily, weekly, monthly or as needed maintenance of equipment and work space.
- Bachelor’s Degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or microbiology from a four-year
college or university is required with at least 1 year of laboratory experience outside
of course work.
- Experience with laboratory methods/techniques associated with molecular and microbiology
including culture and quantification of microorganisms, media/buffer preparation,
microscopy, qPCR, gel electrophoresis.
- Properly uses and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Given that we are a small but rapidly growing startup company, this will be an exciting and
busy role with frequently changing priorities. It is imperative that the employee:
- Set objectives and plan work independently based on agreed outcomes.
- Meet deadlines and assess priorities to handle fluctuating workloads.
- Work at high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to occasionally work after hours.
Provide your most recent resume (including degree earned and GPA) and a minimum of 3
references. A cover letter is optional, but strongly encouraged.
Job Type: Full-time