Research Scientist Position
At Day Zero Diagnostics we're developing a radically new diagnostic platform.
If we succeed, it will transform the way infectious diseases are treated.
We're looking for talented and driven teammates to help us
solve scientific challenges spanning several disciplines.
As a Research Scientist, you will be responsible for managing
a project involving whole-genome amplification.
You will have ample opportunities to acquire new skills,
work closely with an accomplished team,
and communicate results through patents, conference presentations,
and peer-reviewed publications
while working in a supportive and energetic environment.
State-of-the-art facilities are available within an exceptional research setting.
- Guide research projects through experimental design,
conduct of experiments, and analysis of data
- Maintain detailed documentation of the experimental work
- Supervise and mentor technicians and students
- Maintain close communication with the leadership team regarding progress
- Present data within and outside of the company at meetings and symposia
- Write, edit, and submit manuscripts/abstracts detailing the results of the project
- Demonstrate integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork in all interactions
- Work closely within the group and with outside collaborators
- A Ph.D. with relevant experience in molecular biology
- Experience with whole genome amplification or single cell sequencing preferred
- At least 3 years of doctoral research experience
- Highly motivated and independent,
with the ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Exceptional organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Occasional weekend or evening flexibility