Senior Lab Technician Position
Day Zero Diagnostics is an infectious
disease genomics start-up in Boston that is seeking a highly motivated full-time
experienced senior laboratory research technician. The employee will become an
integral member of our dynamic team as we develop a novel rapid diagnostic to
identify causes of clinical infections. At Day Zero Diagnostics we are
passionate about our mission of modernizing infectious diseases diagnosis and
treatment. Employees gain experience in a multidisciplinary and fast-paced
start-up, and have ample opportunities to acquire new skills, engage with
emerging technologies, work closely with our accomplished team, and communicate
their results, all while working in a supportive and energetic environment. We
work in state-of-the-art facilities within an exceptional research setting.
- Perform and assist with molecular biology and microbiology experiments, including clinical sample preparation.
- Ensure timely and accurate data outputs, practice stringent Quality Control (QC), and preform proficiency testing as required.
- Receive and process clinical specimens from submitting laboratories.
- Ensure quality control of equipment, reagents, and clinical samples.
- Maintain meticulous documentation of experimental outcomes and contribute to test reports.
- Maintain close communication with direct supervisor and members of the research team.
- Follow established laboratory protocols for research and clinical services.
- Independently performs a variety of laboratory procedures after training.
- Demonstrates a level of understanding of both procedural and technical requirements of laboratory testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Medical Technology, or Molecular Biology from a four-year college or university with 3-4 years of industry experience; or a Master’s degree in Microbiology, Medical Technology, or Molecular Biology with 2-3 years of industry experience.
- A minimum 2 years of postgraduate lab experience and/or training in microbiology and molecular biology.
- Experience with quality control/quality assurance and clinical microbiology a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Given that we are a small but rapidly growing start-up company, this will be an exciting and busy role with frequently changing priorities. It is imperative that the employee:
- Set objectives and plan work independently based on agreed outcomes.
- Meet deadlines and assess priorities to handle fluctuating workloads.
- Work at high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to occasionally work after hours