Day Zero Diagnostics is an infectious disease genomics start-up in Boston that is seeking
a highly motivated full-time experienced senior laboratory research technician. The employee
will become an integral member of our dynamic team as we develop a novel rapid diagnostic to
identify causes of clinical infections.
At Day Zero Diagnostics we are passionate about our mission of modernizing infectious diseases
diagnosis and treatment. Employees gain experience in a multidisciplinary and fast-paced
start-up, and have ample opportunities to acquire new skills, engage with emerging
technologies, work closely with our accomplished team, and communicate their results, all
while working in a supportive and energetic environment. We work in state-of-the-art
facilities within an exceptional research setting.
- Perform and assist with molecular biology and microbiology experiments to support
- Work closely with other Research Scientists and Staff to design and execute experiments.
- Ensure timely and accurate data outputs.
- Receive and process clinical specimens from submitting laboratories.
- Ensure quality control of equipment, reagents, and clinical samples.
- Maintain meticulous documentation of experimental outcomes and contribute to test reports.
- Maintain close communication with direct supervisor and members of the research team.
- Follow established laboratory protocols for research and clinical services.
- Independently performs a variety of laboratory procedures after training.
- Demonstrates a level of understanding of both procedural and technical requirements of
- Bachelor’s Degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or microbiology is required plus 5+
years of postgraduate laboratory experience in an academic or biotech setting.
- Master’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or microbiology is preferred from a
four-year college or university with 3+ years of laboratory research experience in an
academic or biotech setting.
- Experience with laboratory methods/techniques associated with molecular and microbiology
including culture and quantification of microorganisms, media/buffer preparation,
microscopy, qPCR, gel electrophoresis.
- Experience with DNA extractions, library preparation and Next-generation sequencing
technologies a plus.
- A solid understanding of experimental protocols with the expectation of accuracy and high
quality of results.
- Properly uses and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Given that we are a small but rapidly growing startup company, this will be an exciting and
busy role with frequently changing priorities. It is imperative that the employee:
- Set objectives and plan work independently based on agreed outcomes.
- Meet deadlines and assess priorities to handle fluctuating workloads.
- Work at high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to occasionally work after hours
Provide your most recent resume (including degree earned and GPA) and a minimum of 3
references. A cover letter is optional, but strongly encouraged.
Job Type: Full-time